PAGES

Search

Saturday 30 January 2016

Older Communication for SSC Stenographer Job on Anuraglive.in

Published for http://anurag-live.blogspot.com/
  1. m.thejkumar
    how much time does it take to learn shorthand..?
    is an average student can crack the “ssc” easily or noy…?
    • Admin
      You should learn shorthand for atleast 3 months with regular and dedicated efforts. First month will go for theory section and you will go for dictation part which will allow you to make speed from 60 to 80 wpm and 80wpm to 100 wpm.
      Yes, ofcourse an average student can crack the stenographer exam easily. The possibility of cracking the exam depends on its syllabus with which every student of any stream, is familiar. Also this exam is not including maths as the fourth subject which is the most important part and that is why many students are diverting to stenographer exam rather than going for ssc combined graduate level (cgl) exam.
  2. vasu
    what is the proces aftr clearing the skilltest
    • Admin
      after you clear the skill test for stenographer exam, they will declare the results for the exam. That will hardly take 1 month or so. SSC will declare the merit list according to the marks secured by the candidates in the written exam.
  3. ankit
    Q1-What are the best shorthand institutes in delhi?
    Q2- those who are selected as stenographers will be posted in delhi only?
    • Admin
      Dear Ankit,
      Well, there are hundreds of institutes available in delhi itself. Now, the candidates who are passing through SSC Stenographer Examination, they are also opening their own institutes. You might have heard some of them in your nearby. But there are only some of them which are useful.
      One is Kailash Chandra Institute at Greater Kailash. other is at R K Puram, near the DPS RK Puram Market. Some are at INA Market. All of them are using Kailash chandra magazines, so there will be no major difference.
      2) No, all the stenographers selected through Steno exam, will not be posted in Delhi. It depends on Rank. All the top rank students will have a chance to get posted in Delhi Ministries. But if you are not having a good rank, they will definitely going to put you outside Delhi, probably in the Southern Region, because there are a lots of vacancies available for Stenographers.
  4. archit
    If I clear both exam written as well as typing as grade c so after how much time I got posting and what is the starting salary
    • Admin
      Dear Archit,
      First of all, if you clear both the examination of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ & ‘C’ i.e. written examination and steno typing, you will be posted as Grade ‘C’. Your claim for Grade ‘D’ shall be forfieted automatically because SSC will select you to serve as Grade ‘C’ in ministries and departments.
      Second, it will take around 7-8 months or so, depending on the circumstances, to get posting.
      Initial salary will be approx 30-35k with GP 4600/-.

  5. varun jagga
    dear sir,
    me govt. polytechnic saharanpur se modern office management and secretarial practice m diploma kar rha hu.. kya is diploma se mujhe koi benefit milega kya is steno exam m… kyuki is course m shorthand and typing bhi h..
    • Admin
      Dear Varun,
      SSC only demands a candidate who is well versed with Shorthand and typing. They even don’t want the certification from wherever you have acquired the knowledge. It is good that you are already doing Office Management and Secretarial Practice diploma. It would be beneficial for you while working in govt ministries.
  6. vivek kumar singh
    what kind of shorthand is used in ssc for english – gregg shorthahand or pitmann shorthand? plz reply soon!
    • Admin
      Normally, in India, there is no institute who is teaching gregg shorthand, in my knowledge so far. Everyone is learning only Pitman Shorthand. You may also be learning pitman shorthand.
  7. shorthand is the best of our curiour? ?
  8. Neha Ahuja
    Sir, plz tell me that if i started my shorthand preparations from now onwards. ….so there is any possibility to crack the 2015 skill test of stenographer grade c and grade d…
    • Admin
      Dear Neha,
      if you see there is still around 5-6 months left for the examination. Possibly with hard work, you can crack the exam. However, if you have not started the preparation yet, please start very soon. Do not be late. Just prepare hard.
  9. Chandan Kumar
    Dear Admin ! First of all, I want to thank you for sharing valuable information with us . I’ve a few queries related to stenography, Please guide me on this.
    [1] I’m 23 years old & come under Gen. category, Do I have enough time to start learning shorthand from the scratch and making my career in stenography as a govt servant ?
    [2] What would be my complete work profile if I get through in SSC ? How SSC grp ‘C’ is differ from grp ‘D’ in terms of work profile, salary & promotion ?
    [3] what is the gross salaries of SSC grp ‘C’ & ‘D’ each and what would be the expected salaries if 7th pay recommendations applied ?
    Thank you !
  10. dinesh
    Sir me hindi me jain pranali me steno kr rha hu kya delhi me jain pranali me koi institute steno karvata h.
  11. abhishek
    which shorthand should i learn ? Pitman , Gregg or Teeline ?
    • Admin
      Well, if you are preparing for SSC or some other examination, it does not matter which shorthand you have learnt. What they are checking is the transcription. If your transcribing power is good, then you must be selected. No matter which shorthand you have used to write.
  12. gauri
    sir, please suggest me….
    which is better relaxable job between ssc cgl (assistant CSS) and ssc stenographer Grade c?
    what is posting critria of ssc stenographer grade C?
    • gauri
      sir, what is promotion of ssc stenographer grade c from starting to retirment??
      • Admin
        Once, you are selected as SSC Stenographer Grade C, you will be happy to know that promotion aspects in Steno cadre is really awesome as compared to Assistant in CSS. after steno grade c, you will be promoted to Private Secretary (PS), then Senior PS. then, Principal PS, then Sr. PPS and finally PSO (Principal Staff Officer) which is equivalent to the rank of Director.
    • Admin
      Gauri,
      If you compare both the posts, I believe, Steno Grade C is more relaxable than Assistant in CSS despite the same grade pay of Rs. 4600 (Conditions on Grade C : Some offices used to appoint Steno Grade C in GP of 4200 also). In Assistant, you will report to your Officer i.e. Section Officer, but other officers like US, DS even director can ask favour of information. But in Steno C, you will be posted with one officer only and that’s why its a peace mind job.
  13. Vikas
    hello sir
    muje puchna tha ki .. mene preference me grade c d bhra hai .. agr marks ache aye aur c ke lie bulaya to kya d ke liye bi bulaya jayega skill test ke.lie…bcz speed ni ayi to shyd d se bi hath dhona pade..
    thank u sir.
    • Admin
      If you have filled up Grade C & D in preference, and you have scored so well, then you will be eligible to appear in both the skill test. Grade C skill test will be conducted in morning session and in the afternoon session, grade D test will be conducted.
  14. JENNY
    Hello, I’m looking for kailash chandra’s steno transcription audio. Can you tell me where to get it? Please…. I really need it.
  15. JENNY
    And yes, is there any difference in salary if a person is graduate??
    • Admin
      There is no difference in the salary if a candidates has passed either 12th or Graduation. The exam base is only Class 12th, so every body will be judged on the performance of 12th standard.
  16. RAGINI SINHA
    Dear sir,
    My name is Ragini Sinha. I am from Ranchi. I have been learning shorthand since2011. Now I have become perfect in this. But still, there is a main problem about my typing. My typing is not so good. I am practicing it in typewriter. I know that SSC exams criteria is computer based. Could you please help me out as how to become a good typist. Waiting for your reply sir.
    • Admin
      Hello Ragini,
      First of all, I would like to know about your performance in typing in respect of speed or accuracy. Are you not able to complete the given transcription in prescribed time. Another thing is if you are practising typing on typewriter, then you can easily type on computer even with a very good speed.
      However, if you are not good in typing at all, I suggest you to have daily typing practice for atleat 2 hrs, depending upon your interest.
  17. Durgesh Gautam
    Dear sir
    What is the present gross salary of Stenographer grade ‘c’ and Grade ‘D’ in Delhi. Please tel sir… Thank you
  18. subhash dhanuk
    Sir i want to know that english speaking is must for a stenographer??
    If i learn stenography from today then can i clear skill test??
    • Admin
      No you cannot pass the examination if you start from today. Better try for the next year with very hard work. English speaking is not necessary but knowledge of english is must.
  19. Shiva
    Hello anurag!! First of all,I thank you for enlightening aspirants regarding this exam..I have been learning shorthand since a month and I’m planning to appear ssc exam this year…The written exam is on December 27th..And the skill test is likely to be held in february..Is it possible to make up speed of 100 wpm in a span of six months? I can type 45 wpm with good accuracy …But I do it looking at the keyboard..Is it requisite to learn touch typing? any advice and suggestions will be highly appreciated..Thank you :)
    • Admin
      Hello Shiva,
      If you are looking for 100 wpm in 6 months, I would say it is a complex task to do. People usually reach at 80 wpm in 6 months and even after that they do not have confidence whether they can get through the examination. At least one year is necessarily required with proper and dedicated hard work to pass 100 wpm exam.
      Your typing skill is good with 45 wpm but you do not have to look on keyboard while typing. In exam, you will look into your notebook, not on keyboard. Just time consuming process, get rid of this habit. No need for touch typing. Just pick a keyboard from the market worth Rs. 150/- only and let your hand work on it with hard typing.
  20. abhi
    Sir, I want to know the post of stenogrpher grade c , if there any chance to get a job in abroad through grade c and the difference between IFS & MEA in stenographer and which is the of these two department .. And the last one is top 5 rank of grade c in which department
    • Admin
      Please read in the above comments you will find answers regarding the Grade C Post. Go to MEA for abroad posting. IFS and MEA is same. IFS stands for Indian Foreign Service which is a cadre. while MEA is Ministry of External Affairs which is a ministry dealing the matters related to foreign affairs.
      It depends on choice if will provide at the time of document verification. Top 5 ranks will be posted as per the vacancy and options exercised by the candidates.
  21. abhi
    Thanks alot sir.. Thanks for ur suggestion . . Its really helpful for me . . U r doing such a grt job ..
  22. Amar
    Sir I have completed my basic course now I’ll start speed building by doing magazines can I achieve 80 plus speed till skill test, and probably in which month skill test will conduct? Thank you!
  23. amar
    Sir, I have completed my basic course now I’ll do speed building can I achieve 80 plus speed till skill test. Probably in which month skill test will be conduct?
    • Admin
      Amar,
      SSC Will conduct written test in the month of December, 2015, however, it will take hardly 2 months after written, and ssc will declare the result. As soon as result is out, ssc will start calling candidates for skill test. So, it will be about February OR March starting week.
  24. Sir ssc cgl ki post badi hoti h ya fr steno ki.. diffrence kya h dono ke level me.
    • Admin
      Pooja,
      SSC CGL appoints candidates on various posts. Some of them are equivalent to steno post and some are different. For example, a candidate appointed as Assistant in CSS is equivalent to SSC STENO Gr- C bcoz both of them are 4600 grade pay. while steno gr-D, is little low bcoz it has 2400 grade pay.
      That’s why, you can compare easily with grade pay.
  25. Sunil
    sir pls help me……sir kya mai shorthand me single single word ki transcription krke practice kru ….ya jaise kailash sir ki magazine me combined word ka single transcription kr ke diya hai – waise practice karu…sir pls help me….
    • gaurav chaudhary
      nops !! single single words ki practice kabhi nai karna isse speed develop nahi hogi ! register ki first line mai outline likho for niche 5 lines chod do useke baad aage ki line likho fir 5 blank line chod do ! esse puri dictation likho fir dubara se start karo blank line mai likh kar and har baar read jaroor karna ki word kya bana rahe ho and fir last tak karo ! practice hone ke baad recording se practice karo !
  26. Sunil
    sir, meri ek query hai ki jo kailash sir ki volume me khi khi jagah 5-5,6-6 words ka ek single transcription kr ke diya hai…..kya hm is ko tod kr chote chote combined word ka transcription kr ke practice nhi kr sakte ya jo kailash sir ki volume me diya hai wese hi practice krni hai….pls sir help me….
    • Rahul
      Dear Sunil,
      It looks like you have recently started Steno preparation. Yes, the words there are, we call them “Phrases”. They helps a lot in gaining speed while writing at 100 wpm or 120 wpm.
      If you are in 80 wpm now, you may practice them separately. Try to practise them and you will see the benefit yourself at later stage.
      Regards…
      • Sunil
        sir ek query or hai pls iska bhi answer de dena…..jaisa ki upr comment mai apne btaya ki steno grade c ke employee ki promotion aage kis kis post pr hoti hai…..meri query yeh hai ki jo grade c se aagey ki promotion hoti hai – wo exam based hoti hai ya seniority based. ???……or kya promotion ke liye 100 se jyada ki speed to nhi mangtey .????…pls sir ans. jaruur dijiyega….thanks in advance
        • Admin
          Sunil,
          After Grade C, you will have to go for PS (Private Secretary). Which is a departmental exam conducted by UPSC. You have to pass that exam, on successful completion, you will be promoted as PS. After that, there is no exam, promotion will be done on the basis of seniority.
          • Sunil
            thanks sir…..sir kya grade D employee direct private secretary ke liye apply nhi kar saktey…??? and sir what is the eligibilty condition for private secretary post- like age limit, steno speed etc????
          • Admin
            No my friend, you cannot directly go for PS. Please read the notification on UPSC Website with regard to Limited Departmental Examination for Section Officer / Stenographer Gr B exam, and check the eligibility of the same.
  27. Shiva
    Hey anurag! Please check this link “http://www.sscsr.gov.in/STENO2014-FINALRESULT-WRITEUP.pdf”.The list of vacancies in each department and no. of vacancies is given in the tabular.”Marks of
    last selected candidate” and “Marks in Part 1 of last selected candidate”..Can you explain these terms..I am clueless regarding the term “Part 1”..What is part 1? The marks mentioned under part 1 are very low.Please shed some light on this :)
    • Admin
      Hello Shiva,
      The list is easy to understand. Marks of Last candidate selected means, the min marks required by the candidate to get selected in that department. Marks in Part 1 means, marks secured by the candidates who have been selected in Reasoning paper. This exam has 3 parts : Reasoning, General Knowledge and English Comprehension.
  28. Rahul
    hello sir , I am doing stenography (English) from govt. ITI , Nagpur this year , I want to know whether it is a outdated course ? Does government really wants people with skill of Stenography (shorthand) in today’s edge ?
    • Admin
      Yes indeed, govt is appointing candidates having good knowledge of stenography. Apply for the next year, and try to pass.
      • Rahul
        thank u sir for your reply
        I was thinking that there is no scope for stenography(shorthand), but after reading your blog , I understood that my thinking was wrong ,
        Thank u sir once again
      • Rahul
        thank u sir for your reply
        I was thinking that there is no scope for stenography(shorthand), but after reading your blog , I understood that my thinking was wrong ,
        Thank u sir once again
  29. Sir, I practice approx 5 thousands word per day, but when take any dictation, I miss so many words
    Plz suggest me I am learning this language since 2013 in jaipur
    N want to select in 2025
  30. Sir, I practice approx 5 thousands word per day, but when take any dictation, I miss so many words
    Plz suggest me I am learning this language since 2013 in jaipur
    N want to select in 2015
  31. Aadai
    sir I have aply for ssc steno grade C, I hope written exm wil b pas bt I hav worry for skill test I want to know abt skill test,can you plix tel me in details.
    suppose I have done da dictations in 10 minutes well, and from 1000 words I hav complete oly 800 words so it will b select or not
  32. Aadai
    sir I have aply for ssc steno grade C, I hope written exm wil b pas bt I hav worry for skill test I want to know abt skill test,can you plix tel me in details.
    suppose I have done da dictations in 10 minutes well, and from 1000 words I hav complete oly 800 words so it will b select or not?and tel me abt salary for grade C & D
    • Admin
      Hello Aadai,
      There is a very strict marking in Grade C Stenographers Exam. Candidates needs to pass the examination with min.5% mistake i.e. 50 mistake (other than reserved candidates). So, if you write only 800 words out of 1000 words. you are skipping 200 words which is clearly unacceptable. You will not be selected. Please try to make minimum mistakes to 5% only.
      I have already mentioned about salary for stenographers :
      http://www.anuraglive.in/ssc-stenographer-get-govt-job-easily/#comment-3632
  33. Nikhil
    sir,
    In the skill test, what should we use to write shorthand with? pen or pencil? What do people generally use?
    Do answer.
    • Admin
      There is no restriction for the writing tool. You can either use pen or pencil. No one gonna blame you. Use the tool which is most comfortable to you.
  34. Sujit
    Sir, First of all I would like to tell you that your each and every response is helping a lot to the needed one.
    My shorthand speed is 40wpm only. I would like to know that if I can reach up to 80wmp in 5 month from now ? If yes then how many hours do I need to practice everyday ?
  35. Kranthi
    Hello admin! Can you please decribe the job profile of a stenographer recruited through SSC? Work load,promotion chances etc., Is it a good job like SSC CGL jobs?
    • Admin
      Soon, I will try to post a complete job profile for SSC Stenographer. For now, i can assure you that this is far better job than SSC CGL jobs in all aspects….say promotion, work load, responsibility, nature of duty…etc..
  36. Ananth
    sir I really feel relieved and amazed on reaching ur site…. truely this is the unique gift for the aspirants…. I bet many of us dont knw the actual process of skill test. I have tried text to speech readers but the voice is not Indian … right ur dictations really help a lot
    but pls let me knw the exact level of speed in the real test and are the 15 files u gave us from the previous skill tests…. if not .. what will be the topic of the dictation like…. thanking u once again for ur great help… I await ur reply…
    • Admin
      Thanks Ananth, that means a lot to us. Well, your concern about dictations’ speed is absolutely right. There are fluctuations while dictating. Suppose you write for 80 wpm, then it might go upto 90 on the high side and upto 75 on the low side. Just a little up down is there. SSC calls very highly professionals appointed in various Govt departments on very reputed posts.
      The topics could be from latest news. You can consider various debates happened in Loksabha or Rajyasabha…..
  37. NEHA BISHT
    Sir, my steno speed is 60 wpm and my typing is not so good. pease tell me how to increase speed in both.
    • Admin
      You need to work really hard Neha. If you writing 60 wpm at this stage, first try to go for 80 wpm. It will take very much time bcoz as I said in the article as well, Shorthand is a lengthy process and it must be done with full dedication….
      For better results, you need to practice typing daily for about 2 hrs…
      Best of Luck !
  38. NEHA BISHT
    and also tell me how to crack ssc steno in 2015
  39. prudhvi
    Sir I prepared for ssc cgl and chsl…but I am new to this stenographer exam..can u tell me what skill test is..how that process is typing, dictating what is that stuff .. Can u elaborate that process…and is it easy to type 100 wpm..how much practise is needed?? Thanks in advance..waiting for your response
    • Admin
      Well prudhvi,
      Its not like CGL or CHSL where you can prepare for exam in 6-7 months. Shorthand exam is a lengthy process it will take approx 1 years to become fully able to write the examination. You can see most of the people can pass written exam but still they could not clear the skill test.
      Its not typing speed actually….its writing speed where you need to write a dictation at 100 wpm which is to be dictated by the officers called up by SSC.
  40. SARAT
    sir is possible to crack skill test with my full dedication & effort if i start from today onwards. ( im consulted a insitiute that it will provide full fledged special classes to me from today onwards) i prepared for group exams 15-16 hrs per day if i put more then that dedication in cracking stenography is its possible ? by the way my typing speed is 35 words per minute . im fully depend on your valueble suggetion sir!
    yours obediently.
    sarat chand.
    • Admin
      Hello Sarat,
      I can see Your dedication and hard work from your words. You can prepare and crack the exam but wht about the skill test ? Are you learning shorthand as well ? If Yes, then work hard. If no, then you please try your luck next time. Bcoz skill test is considered to be a major test in this exam rather than written exam. You can see from the previous results, lots of candidates had cleared the exams but have been failed in skill test.
      That’s why, I would say first you decide whether you are prepared or not ?
    • NEHA BISHT
      how to crack steno exam in good marks
  41. SARAT
    this is only site giving fulfledged information about ssc steno . we are very glad to you sir for your ocean of patience to answer all our questions . your answers are 100% useful to all of us. thank you..
  42. Mohit chaudhary
    Sir, I would like to ask you that I have applied for stenographer group d examination, from himachal pradesh beacuse in there I am in OBC quota but my all certificates are of delhi as school cirtificate etc but my hometown is himachal pradesh and I have my birth circtificate as well from himachal. So is there any chance ssc would cancel my exam.
    Thanking you
  43. Shubham Pathrabe (NAGPUR)
    Sir, if I start to study of shorthand (Steno) from today so plz tell me whit in how many yrs i’ll jst b able to achieve the govt. job in ths fild. I m graduate in BBA (Commerce faculty) n now i m looking 4 govt job bt i saw there r so many competition in banking, railway n other govt sector so i decide to go 4 the steno bcoz there lack of competitions n lots of vacancies jst need to do stdy hrd so can i crack ths exam or skill test both with in 2 yrs, i m ready to do hrd work n plz tell me daily how many tym should b spent 4 study/practice of steno to get job in 2 yrs.
    I kindly request to u sir plz give me proper guidance yor reply is useful 4 my future
  44. Ankit Chauhan
    Sir i know a good knowledge in steno language hindi but i worry about written exam how can i get good marks in written exam
  45. hiiii….sir…..first u ..
    thank u very very much,,,, for this information..
    plz tell me.. im in 24 and im very worried about my career because now days competition very hard and im from general…..whats the benefit of shorthand in private sector and in which department more chances of promotions
    • Admin
      Hello Sumit,
      Due to huge competition even in Steno exam also, it is really a hard matter to pass. To get through this exam, you need to really work hard.
      In private sector also, stenos are doing good. You will be a private secretary to your officer. However, promotions benefits are good in both public and private sector.
  46. Vikas
    Sir, is backspace allowed in typing test
  47. Rakhi
    Hi Sir, I’m just preparing for ssc stenographer. Started learning stenography online. If I get through, is there any chance of getting posted in my hometown itself which is Kerala? Also I am a graduate in engineering. Is there any chance of getting rejected since i am overqualified?
    • Admin
      First of all, I would like to tell you that if you just started to learn, you cannot get through. The skill test considered to be the main exam of which most of the candidates can’t secure name in merit list. Here, I am not demoralizing you but telling you the truth.
      IF by any chance, you have passed..then, state preference will not be asked by SSC as they are now only asking about department preference. So, would be very messy to tell that you can get kerala.
      For your next point, SSC does not bother if you are graduate, post-graduate or diploma. SSC wants only 10+2. At the time of document verification, they will only ask your 12th class marksheets and other testimonials. So, forget about rejection….
      Hope I cleared your query.
  48. deepak
    Hello sir,my speed in steno is 100wpm but I couldn’t pass SSC written exam till now.please suggest me.or tell me coaching center name and address who clear exam within 1time .iam from Delhi.
  49. Divya
    Hii sir can you please tell me after how many days of written test skill test will be conducted. .. and is this possible to learn speed in 2-3 mnth??
    • Admin
      Generally, SSC conduct skill test after 30-45 days. As soon as written result is out, SSC starts selecting suitable candidates for skill test and segregate them according to their roll no. Let’s say….If written is going to be conducted for SSC Stenographer Exam 2015 in 31 Jan, 2016, then after one month the result will be out and thereafter…they schedule the skill test dates.
      And…Learning speed in 2-3 months is a far tedious job. Please work hard…
  50. nikhil
    Sir,
    I am very interested in Ministry of External Affairs. I want to know approx. how many vacancies were opened for stenographer in MEA in last few years?
  51. A Quddus
    Sir, Please confirm, whether I need to Submit a Certificate of Shorthand issued by the State Board of Secondary Education during Document Verification at SSC Regional Centre or Just 12th Certificate only.
    • Admin
      No need for Shorthand Certificate….Only academic certificates are required. But for the time being, you can keep the certificate along with you in case they ask for it.
  52. devavrathan kp
    Iam from kerala….first of all…let me congrajulate you…this blog is amaizing……first and ever website to see real in-dept analysisi of ssc steno.
    i know stenography and i can clear the exam.
    but last year also i cleared my exam and i went to skill test.
    but i was not selected despite i have written shorthand well and even transcribed it well.
    so my quetion is…..
    iam from general category(UR)….
    1. how much mark i want to score (in written exam) to make i will be inducted into the service?? (i got 125 marks last year)
    2. what change i shall make in shorthand to make sure my place in top of rank list…to reduce mistakes..etc..
    3. how much score i want to score to get into top “10” of ssc steno grade c.(in written exam).
    4.where will be i placed after selected …(which office..pls say precisely)…..i know it is very difficult….but pls give me an avg idea..
    5.how much i want to score in written exam to get into top ’50’ of grade ‘c’…..and how to perform in skill test…….
    6.pls tell me any another tips to get into the list….to assure my job…..execpt “hard work”…..
    sorry sir ..if you feel bad….why i ask this bcoz i don’t want to miss this atleast this time….
    thanku..sir..
    • Admin
      Long list of querry….huh? :)
      This year as the seats are pretty good. You can easily get through the written part. To get into the list, please work hard. If you are selected in written, at the time of skill test, SSC will ask you for department preference. So, according to your preferred options, you will be allocated a department / ministry. There is no other way except hard work. If you missed the last time…I assure you with keen dedication, this time you will definitely be selected…
      Best of Luck !
      • Devavrathan kp
        Which department shall preffer(which has the most vacancy). How long it will take to get posted after being selected. (after skill test.. How many months)….. Can you give a rough idea of cut off marks… For grade c and do…..
  53. devavrathan kp
    1. how long it will take to provide posting after skill test(if selected).
    2.why you stenographer grade ‘c’ is better than ssc cgl.
    3.will there be training before joining job (post selection)
    • Admin
      after skill test, it will take 6-12 months to get posted.
      Stenographers ‘C’ is far more good than CGL. bcoz of lots of benefits i.e. Burden of work, responsibility, duty perspective, career growth etc.
      Yes, there will be training.
  54. DDP
    What if one doesn’t have any short hand teaching centers in there area, can short hand be self learnt.
    • Admin
      yes, you can learn but what if you have any doubt, who will going to clear those doubts. Shorthand includes so many similar strokes. So, only a teacher can help you distinguish them.
  55. SIR I have a pg degree in commerce and I am learning shorthand but my teacher says that It will take one year atleast to get perfect in this and you said in one of your chat above that shorthand will take only six months so I am not getting this properly could you explain this to me
    • Admin
      Look Vishal,
      Learning shorthand is a tedious job. For some it takes 1 year while for others, they can complete within 6 months. Here I am talking about Theory part which depends on various institutes. whether these institutes can finish the syllabus in 1 year or 6-8 months.
      While you learn theory for 6-8 months. After that you will be entering in Practical part i.e. Speed building course. which again take atleast 6 months. So, it will take almost 1 to 1.5 years to complete the course and be ready to write the exam at 80 wpm. For 100 wpm you need to work very hard.
  56. sarthak
    Dear sir
    I m doing Iti with Stenography(hindi) plz tell me which govt job demands steno certificate so that i get benifit of steno certificate…plz tell me
    • Admin
      Hello Sarthak,
      SSC and other govt departments do not ask for shorthand certificate. However, PSUs and some defense departments may ask for that.
  57. DDP
    How much salary is there in grade d and are promotion aspect good in grade d.
  58. sunil
    r first of all happy new year.. !! sir my query is that if i will select in grade D post of 2015 vacancies ..then after selection ….can i apply for grade C post in upcoming 2016 vacancies during service..??? sir kya SSC ne koi esi restrictions to nhi layai– like -ki ap 2 years tak kisi post ko apply nhi kr sakte…. or ….during training ap kisi post ko apply nhi kar sakte… like that…sir please reply jaroor krna …thanks in advance
    • Admin
      No there is no such restriction. You can apply after join or while in service. However, please intimate the department about your exam. It’s important.
  59. neha maggo
    hello sir. I am preparing for government jobs and learning steno too but there’s one such problem that I used to wear a hearing aid in one ear. just want to know that this thing can create any such problem in skill test or in selection process. Is it possible that ssc wale do not allow me to enter the skill test after knowing .please reply asap.
    • Admin
      There is no problem at all. However, at the time of document checking which is to be conducted a day before the skill test at the SSC Regional Centre, you can specify your problem. But, I am sure they will allow you for skill test.
      Best of Luck !
  60. Manish
    Hi i have completed 25 year of age now and last six month i am preparing for ssc steno exam . i have completed 115 chapters in new era book . … As a genral candidate i have 3 attempt (2015 , and 2016 and 2017) …. Sir my question is …… Is there any possibilty to get success in skill test in next one year. If i am doing steno 2 to 4 hour daily .???
  61. Sir i am 25 years old graduate. My maths and gs is really weak. I have been doing private job at airport, but my salary and growth is not satisfactory. I want to know ki kya mae stenography may career bana sakta hu aur 27 ki age tak govt kob paa sakta hu. Plz help me
    • Admin
      Look Arun, You have to work really hard. As you are having only 2 years however, there are some reservation rules using which the age can be extended. If you are from General Category. Then please work hard.
  62. Sir please guide me how to learn stenography in delhi.
  63. Kya 25 ki age kay baad stenography may career banane ka koe scope hae kya. Kyunki 27 ki age maangtay hae govt may. Kitna time lag jaayega achaa stenographer banne may.
  64. neha maggo
    sir. can u tell me the promotion level and time period it takes after stenographer grade c & d. please tell us the duties of this job one perform after selection and at which post one do not need to listen dictation . reply asap.
    • Admin
      Its totally depends on the cadre in which you will get admit. If you go with CSSS Cadre, after grade ‘D’, you will have to wait for 6 years for the limited departmental exam for grade ‘c’. Once you are grade c stenographer, further promotions are quite fast. Promotion in other departments also approximately similar. more or less 5 years will be there.
  65. How many hours a day will be sufficient to become a good stenographer. As i have enquired about the course near my home
    They told me that classes will be of 8 hours a day and 6 days in week. And course will be of 1 year and for typing another 6 months. That is too long. Please suggest me if can work as well as learn stenography.
    • Admin
      You can ask them about shorter duration. or you can also take classes on Saturdays and sundays as well. It would be very hard to prepare but you have to do it.
  66. jaya
    Hello sir
    Sir plzz mjhe kch books recommend kar dijiye jise ssc steno ka written clear ho jaye
    • Admin
      There are lots of books available in the market. You can go with Kiran prakashan or arihant. Try practice sets daily. Most of the time these practice sets enable you to write the exam efficiently and effectively.
  67. neha maggo
    sir. at which post we don’t need to listen dictation . and only have the computer based job. plz reply asap.
    • Admin
      Well, it is unlikely to tell the posts where one has to get away from dictations. Somehow or other you will have to write dictations. By the way, there is nothing bad in it. You are having knowledge of shorthand then, why do we fear for dictations in office. This is totally depend on the officers, whether they wish to work directly on computers or through dictations.
  68. amar
    Sir, is it true that government is thinking to stop recruiting stenographers?
  69. Sir aapki site ek baat mujhe jo sabse acchi lagi vo ke aap kisi ka ques bhi ignore nahi karte thats y i also want ask some thing..
    Sir mai English short hand ki classes le rha hu. Mujhe isse related jobs ke bare me details se bata dijiye.
    Nd kuch ka khena h ke up board walo ko hindi ki short hand shikna chaheye english ka nahi………..
    • Admin
      Well, Gaurav, you are learning english shorthand. Thats really good. There is lots of scope in this field. You can check our website for latest jobs on stenographers. We will soon start a service of this kind on this website.
      I am not really sure whether you should learn hindi shorthand if applying from UP Board. There are lots of candidates who are working in UP Departments with English Shorthand as well. So, it is completely depends upon in which department you are applying.
  70. gaurav
    Sir can u tell me where I get kailash Chandra magazine…?? I am using happy speed dictation …..
  71. gaurav
    yamuna vihar Delhi 11053
  72. Sir…is it possible to prepare for ias exam while working as a stenographer.How many hours a day a stenographer has to do work in office
    • Admin
      its not like you will not have work while posted as Stenographer. Work will be there and you have to do strict time management to prepare for Civil Service / IAS Examination. Also, please always try to devote your time to the work for which the salary you will be taking home. Do justice with your job.
  73. krish jain
    gudeve. sir….maine form fill krte tym grade D ko grade C se phele fill kr diya….nw if i will clear the grade c cutoff than they will give me the posting in grade c…while i filled grade d first…plzzz tell me about ths
    • Admin
      No need to worry at all. Go for written test..if passed you will be called for document verification….at the centre, there will again confirm this option from you. Don’t worry !
  74. gaurav
    Sir is baar candidates Jada h kya exam me ..???
    Center out of Delhi diya h…
    N are you doing steno job ..??
    • Admin
      There could be more candidates this time bcoz of lots of awareness regarding this exam. But Delhi me centre ho chahe delhi se bahar…if you are prepared, you can succeed….
  75. DDP
    Compare to touch typing , shorthand is a bit more tougher to prepare for.
  76. Hello sir
    Sir mene ssc steno ka offline form bhra tha sir sari info sahi bhari thi bt sir mera admit crd open nhi ho rha h nr region ka bar bar wrong d.o.b bta rhe h sir kya karu
    • Admin
      Please visit SSC Northern Region Headquarters immediately. Ask them to print the admit card or collect the offline admit card. Hurry up !
      Reply
  77. Priya
    Sir…my query is same as of mitesh singh’s above…i also want to be an ias officer but due to my bad financial condition I want a job.So sir while working as a stenographer can I be able to continue my ias preparation as one of my friend said that a stenographer has to do multiple works in office so u can’t prepare for ias while working as a stenographer…so sir plz tell me is this true.
    Reply
    • Admin
      To some extent, it is true. As a stenographer you have to assist the officer with whom you are posted. So, if there is lots of work with your officer, obviously he will seek help of yours. On the other hand, preparing for IAS is a tough job. On the one hand, you have to devote your energy in office and on the other hand, you have to prepare for IAS. So, dedicated time management is necessary. Think wisely on this topic.
  78. gaurav
    Sir grade d me Delhi me posting hoti h kya …???
    Ya out of Delhi hi milegi ..??
    • Admin
      Top rankers will get Delhi otherwise you will be posted in subordinate offices which are situated across India.
       
       
      This post has been acquired from anuraglive.in. However, future correspondence in this regard, may please be considered here itself. 
       
      For any queries / suggestion, please make use of comment box below....
       

2 comments: